Friday, July 9, 2010

S'more Goodness

Several years ago we would spend 4th of July weekend camping. I loved it...almost everything about it...including sleeping in a tent. The bugs I could do without, but I loved camping. We are thinking about taking Jake later this summer and looking around for good places. I love camping and want Jake to experience the fun of camping(in a tent).

But whenever I think of 4th of July I think of those years spent camping and remember the fun of roasting marshmallows and making s'mores. Although, we weren't camping I thought it would be fun for Jake & my nephews, plus a girl(the older boy's cousin)(ok, and me too) to roast marshmallows and make s'mores even without the camping.

We had to be innovative since we didn't have a fire pit or a place to build a fire....so what is a girl in a back yard to do? Hello, my new friend gas grill. I will admit I have never cooked on a grill before. Jason is the master of the grill and enjoys cooking on the grill. So all of our meals on the grill are left up to him. But it might be my new favorite outside toy!!

They s'mores weren't as good as the original over the fire roasted marshmallow kind, but they still had their gooey deliciousness to them.

At one point it became more fun to just add a piece of chocolate to the marshmallow skewer and it that way. Forgot about the graham cracker. 














No comments:

Post a Comment