Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Taco Soup

The weather today is a stay in your jammies cuddle on the couch kind of day. I love those days (as long as I don't have somewhere to be).  It finally has gotten cool here in Georgia (last week it was still in the high 80's). And to go along with this weeks Making your home a haven challenge which is focus on the kitchen, the heart of the home. Cook things with pleasant aromas I am sharing a very yummy taco soup recipe.

Cook 1 pound of ground beef with 1 onion
1 can refried beans(I use fat free)
1 can black beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 4oz can green chilies
1 29oz can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 can corn
1 packet taco seasoning(I use this homemade taco seasoning recipe)
1 packet ranch seasoning

 Put all ingredients in the crock pot and cook 4 hours. It is super yummy with cheese on top and crunchy tortilla strips.

Crock pot cooking is one of my favorite ways to cook. Putting it all in the crock pot in the morning and knowing dinner will be ready without having to worry about it. Not to mention crock pot cooking always makes the house smell super yummy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this sounds so yummy! Totally stealing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete