Thursday, October 21, 2010

Quiet Time

 A few of my friends & I have a Good Morning Girls group. The idea started with Courtney at Women Living Well. This is our second season of doing it and I believe I speak for all of us involved when I say we LOVE it. The accountability for having a daily quiet time with God is wonderful and much needed. Each Wednesday Good Morning Girls host a Women in the Word Wednesday. So although this is Thursday I wanted to share a couple of things here.


Recently I had a falling out with a person I thought was a very good friend. It was a terrible public embarrassment. A couple of my other friends were also involved in the wrath of this friend. We have all been very hurt by the way she treated us and were in complete shock by the event. It ended with her saying "she no longer wished to be associated with us."

It is amazing how God will meet you where you are in life through his word. "God's word is living and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword." Hebrews 4:12
And through wise words of people around you.

I am currently doing Beth Moore's Esther study and love it. I have truly enjoyed going slowly through one book of the Bible and really being able to focus on the words and take it all in.  Through Beth I gained this piece of treasure that I have been thinking on in light of some recent things.

Beth Moore said "Disconnected people can never be whole. Vulnerable and painful though it may be, a community of people whose lives are tied together by the tender strings of the heart is life the way God menat it to be lived."

And then a sweet friend sent me this verse this morning " But I tell you who hear me, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, Pray for those who mistreat you." Luke 6:27-28

I will be camping on this verse for a few days. This is where I want to be and the type of person I want to be.

And Beth Moore's words prove that God wants us to be open and close with people around us. I hope I am this way to all those who know me.

Do you have a quiet time? It really does make a huge difference in my day if I spend a few minutes reading God's word. And believe me no matter what is going on in your life at the moment God will speak to you about it through his word.

No comments:

Post a Comment