Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

I found this poem over at Women Living Well and it was the perfect thing to go with our pumpkin carving. Keep in mind some of our pictures were taken by an almost 3 year old who thinks he is in charge of the camera. 
Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.
(Cut off top of pumpkin)


Remove the things in my life that don’t please you. Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.
(Remove the guts)
 Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me.
(Cut open eyes)
I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned my nose at the good food you provide.
(Cut out nose)
Let everything I say please You.
(Cut out mouth)


Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do.
(Light the candle inside)

Amen.
By: Liz Curtis Higgs

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog over at Good Morning Girls. I am going to be starting up one next time around because I waited to long... just wanted to say how cute your blog is and how I enjoyed reading a few of your posts! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete