Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The two of us

Jason and I took a trip to Savannah and were gone for 3 nights & 4 days...oh my gosh how strange it was to be just the 2 of us.

Jake stayed with his MawMaw & Papa Jack and had the best time (they did too). They did lots of fun things, playing at parks, eating out, finger painting, they went to the horse farm, & made a hand print stepping stone. This was the 1st time we had been away from him for more the one night and farther then 25 minutes away.  I was very anxious about leaving him for so many days (not because I was worried about him it was just the whole being away from him).

Jason & I had a great time and it was so wonderful to connect just the 2 of us and enjoy each others company away from everything(mostly Jason's work & technology).

By Monday night we missed Jake terribly (we left Sunday morning). But we still had a couple more days so we made the best and enjoyed our time away & eating lots of yummy food! We spent one afternoon at the beach and were able to enjoy lots of time on River Street and in City Market.

I am sure it will be along time before we take another trip without Jake, but we really did enjoy ourselves. And 2 1/2 was a great age for us to take a trip away from Jake.

The day we were leaving Jake came into the bathroom and I said "guess what, your going to Mawmaw & Papa Jack's today (he had been asking every day for a week if it was time to go yet...excited?) and then he turned to me and said "mommy, guess what, your going to Savannah today." It was too cute. He really was so excited to spend 4 days with his grandparents.

It was great to get home to our sweet boy, but the next day Jason had to go to work and I missed him so much. After being together for some many days with no interruptions it was so hard to get used to the day without him.

Here are a few pictures of us from our trip!
 View from our roof top pool at hotel





1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it was nice to get some time together :) Little ones are great but sometimes I miss my husband even when he is here. I love spending time with my babies but sometimes I long for an adult conversation or a movie that doesn't involve animated characters. lol

    ReplyDelete