Tuesday, June 30, 2009

20 Months


Standing by his bed

Our Big boy is now 20 months old. It is so hard for me to believe that we are only 4 months from his 2nd Birthday. However, there are some days I feel like we are in the middle of that "fun" terrible two stage. Jake is still more fun then ever, but boy some times he has a little attitude on him and oh...I can't even tell you how many times I have to ask him to do some things before he will listen.

He is talking up a storm and has turned into a little ham for sure. He still has his days where he is shy and doesn't want people to talk to him, but more often then not lately he has been very social. He doesn't play too well with other kids if it is at his house. If we are some where else he plays great with them. But at our house every toy the other child touches Jake is all the sudden interested in. But we are working on sharing, and like I said he is great as long as we aren't at home. He repeats almost everything you tell him to say. His Uncle "JuJu" Jory loves getting him to say things like, what's up dude and okay. Jake has gotten really good at telling us what he wants and starts with "I want" and then whatever he wants. He will shake your hand and "say nice to meet you." Thanks to his Aunt "wawa" Heather. We can't figure out how in the world Jake got wawa out of Heather, but we just let him keep calling her that.

Jake still LOVES being outside. He is getting to be a little fish. TOO CUTE! He can hold his breath all by himself and he knows he can walk to down to the third step and his head is still above water. He also will step off the step and move his arms and legs, but just can't get it enough to stay above water. So I have to pick him up, but at least he does hold his breath. It is so fun playing with him in the pool.

I suppose that is all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, for a minute there I thought I was reading a post about a 13 year old, cause it isn't much different! At least in the first paragraph...
    How about some video from the pool? I just love the videos!
    We love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete