Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Savannah Day 2

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: day 2
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

On to day 2! We got up Saturday morning and Heather and I took the boys down stairs to eat breakfast. Our hotel had a great breakfast they offered lots of yummy stuff and even had a waffle maker. After breakfast we headed back up stairs and all got ready to walk down River Street once again. They just had so many shops to visit and fun things to check out that this is where we spent all of our time that wasn’t with the wedding.

Jake was able to get out of the stroller and walk around on River Street today. He loved just walking all over the place. We checked out this boat that was ported there and had real people living on it. They had a bunch of people down on the street making things like baskets, flowers, & a saxophone player who Caleb loved and danced to forever. We also went into the most amazing smelling candy shop Savannah candy kitchen where they made their own taffy and candy all right there in the store. We watched them make the taffy and got to try some freshly made…that was so yummy! I decided that when I go to heaven it will smell like Savannah Candy Kitchen…YUM!!!

Of course while in Savannah you have to eat some seafood. So we did lunch at this great place called Riverstreet Seafood. It was so yummy!!! Jake slept through the entire lunch so he had to eat his when he finally woke up back at the hotel. We got back to the hotel and all got ready for the wedding.

And again took our walk down the street to the hotel where the wedding was being held. We were worried about how the boys would be during the wedding, but the actual ceremony was a total of maybe 10 minutes from the time the wedding party walked in until the time the wedding party was leaving. It was the shortest wedding I have ever been to. There was nothing extra just do you, do you, here are your wings, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Mr. & Mrs. Jason Lassiter. So the boys were good during the whole ceremony, with the exception of a crinkly bag that had teddy grahams in it and was keeping Jake entertained. The reception was across the street at Vic’s on the River a nice restaurant. We enjoyed some good food there and a lot of fun dancing and visiting with everyone. Caleb and Jake danced their little hearts out. Too cute.

Jake did get his first walking injury. He was walking around and stumbled, but tried to catch himself. However, he went to grab for the table which he thought was solid, but it was just the table cloth and he fell and hit his cheek on the leg of the table. He has a nice bruise from it now, but I guess that is what happens when you are a walker.

After the wedding we went upstairs to my Mom & Mike’s room to hang out before going back to our room. And to our surprise had the most amazing fireworks display every. Their room was directly overlooking the river and they were shooting fireworks off right over the river. Other then Disney world these were the best fireworks I have ever seen. Of course both the boys were asleep so they didn’t get to enjoy these amazing fireworks.

But soon after it was time to head back to our hotel and get some sleep. After a long day we were all pretty tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment