Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Preschool

 1st day of "preschool" You all know I have lots of mixed emotions about preschool. I know that it isn't "necessary," for a child to be enrolled in a school away from home. But at the beginning of the year preschool registration rolled around and everyone was talking or asking if we were putting Jake into preschool.












It really came down to one big thing...I am not ready for Jake to leave me. And so the decision was made(with a few other factors in as well) Jake would not go to preschool this fall. Next fall is still up in the air. He will be old enough for pre-k at that point and of course we will reevaluate what our plan will be.                                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                     Tracing letter J


                                                                 We read about Jonah and then colored a picture
We officially began homeschool preschool last week. I am using that term very loosely. I have lesson plans and activities planned for our days. But our days are definitely not filled with "school." Jake loves it and ask every morning when we will start school. It is fun for me to see him actually remembering things. Like his Bible verse for the week or being able to write his letter J without tracing it by the end of the week.
                                                                                   Graphing gummy bears

I have been asked where I come up with our ideas. Some of them I think of on my own. But really there are a ton of blogs that are filled with great preschool resources. If you are looking for preschool ideas here are a couple places I get ideas. As I share some of our preschool days I will share other blogs I use as well.
2 Teaching Mommies  
Confessions of a Homeschooler 
Homeschool Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment