Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowed In

I knew that no matter the weather Jason would attempt to drive to work. They were calling for bad weather, with predictions of a lot of ice and possible power outages. My parents live a little closer to Jason's work and have easier access to the interstate to get there. Because Jason would be at work and was even planning to spend the night there if need be I decided it would be better for Jake & I to be snowed in at my parents house then at home all alone.

We packed up tons of stuff and headed over to their house before the weather got bad. I was really hoping the weather predictions were off and the weather wasn't going to be bad.

I guess I was wrong. It is estimated we have had somewhere between 4 & 6 inches of snow. And on top of what was nice fluffy snow it continued with sleet and freezing rain. Which left a big crunchy layer of ice on top of the snow. (if you aren't from Georgia...every single thing in the state shuts down at the first hint of snow/ice)

Jason made it to work safely...after all the pizza business never rests. And Jake & I are enjoying some time snowed in at my parents house. There is no telling how long we will be here. With the weather not predicting to be much over freezing all week the snow is said to be sticking around.

Snow days as kids are so much fun & it would be much more enjoyable if Jason would have a snow day too. Instead I dread going out in the freezing and it is inevitable that Jake will ask several times to go out and play.

We have enjoyed filling our time by putting together a few puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment