Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bean Salad Wrap Recipe

Last week when I posted that we would be eating bean salad wraps for lunch I had several people ask for the recipe.

This is from the Better Homes & Garden new cook book. It has become my all time favorite cook book!!

4 8 inch flavored or plain tortillas (we use whole wheat)
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
2 Tbsp cilantro
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/3 cup light mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing
1 Tbsp lime juice
leaf lettuce
Some times we include avocado too
1. heat tortilla
2. in a medium bowl mash the beans slightly; add sweet pepper, cilantro & tomato. Stir in mayonnaise and lime juice.
3. spread bean mixture over tortilla top with lettuce. Roll up tortilla
We like ours dipped in salsa

For my weight watcher buddies it is only 5 points & super filling.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good Melissa, I think that I will have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete