Tuesday, March 10, 2009

He told me to "SH"

Yes, Jake has gotten quite the attitude these days. Only over the last week...maybe a little more has this attitude been poking it's way into our lives.

I will start with the the temper tantrums...WOW!!! These start so young...we were walking out of the nursery at church and I didn't want him to drag his blanket on the floor so I took it from him. That led to a full on melt down. He slowly sat himself on the floor, then laid down and started kicking his feet. It only lasted a minute or so, but still I couldn't believe that at 16 months this was already happening.

Then onto the he almost got a spanking....he was in the bath tub and decided it was fun to throw his toys out of the bath. I told him "no" once then he kept doing it so I said "no" again a little louder and he put his finger to his mouth and shushed me..."sh..sh" as he says. I couldn't believe this. I almost spanked him, but then just had to turn around because I was cracking up. How in the world do you parent when you find it so hilarious that your own son "shushed" you? It was really cute, but still totally attitude. Where did he get this from? I know we have been shushing lately when someone was sleeping or we needed to be quiet, but I never thought he would use it to shush me.

It is so much fun to see his little personality coming through...even in the defiant moments. I just had no idea they would come so young. I am hoping when the time really matters I will be able to get myself together and won't be laughing at the things he does when they can be disrespectful. But of course his shushing me really wasn't anything that needed a spanking...atleast for the time being.

1 comment:

  1. 12 years later and I'm still laughing. Good luck. You'll find that when it really matters you'll be able to parent and if you laugh, then it probably wasn't that huge of a deal anyway. Or else you'll call Jason in :-)

    ReplyDelete