Friday, February 11, 2011

Life Song

I recently read on a blog(here) about giving your children a life song. A song you could sing to them throughout the day or at bed time. A song that would become comforting to them when they heard it.

Although, we didn't come up with a life song for Jake when he was born. In fact it wasn't until the middle of last year that I heard this song and new it was my song for Jake. I think the message is great and "simple truths" everyone should live by.

I have been looking for a life verse for Jake as well. Do you have one for your children? What is it? My life verse is Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." This is something I picked for myself several years ago. I know that once Jake is on the course of his own spiritual journey he will probably pick one for himself too. But I would like a verse that we have chosen for him as a child. Please share in the comments your child's life verse, your life verse, or any suggestions for a life verse for Jake.

Here is the song we have been singing!!!
These Are The Words I Would Say-Sidewalk Prophets

No comments:

Post a Comment