Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today you are 2







Dear Sweet Boy,

Today we celebrate the day you were born, the day our lives were changed forever in the best way possible.

Today is your 2nd birthday! I'm excited and a little sad. Your birthday is so bittersweet for me. To see you growing and developing is a joy; to see you getting older and more independent is also a joy and a reminder of how time flies. It seems like just yesterday you arrived in all your tiny baby perfection.

Today we celebrate 2 of the most amazing years of our lives with you our sweet little boy.
There will never be words to express the love we feel for you. God has blessed us so greatly with the boy your are and we are so thankful God chose us to be your parents.

Our prayer for you our sweet boy is to know God's love for you. The love we have is just a sample of the overflowing love of our almighty God. We hope we will be able to teach you God's word daily so that you will be filled with it and live by by His word according to His will.

I know that this next year will be filled with so much fun, learning and new experiences. I hope that during this year I will remember to take time and enjoy every moment. No matter how big or small it may seem. And even during the struggles that are sure to come that I would show you the joy you have given me. I pray that I will always make time for you & that you will know just how important you are to me.

My sweet baby boy you have changed my life in so many ways(daddy's too) in just these 2 short years. I look forward to our year ahead and all that God has in store for you.

Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet boy!

With more Love then you will ever know!
Mommy


I will post a 24 month update later this weekend....for now I am enjoying my sweet little boy!!

2 comments:

  1. Whoo, the tears are just a flowin! You are such a good mommy and Jake is so lucky to have you and Jason for parents. God chose so wisely when He picked you both for Jake. What a beautiful letter to your son. May he always know the love you have in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not even his Oma and I teared up ... jeez!!! You are a blessing to everyone you know Melissa.

    ReplyDelete