Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

I love Birthdays!!! Even my birthday maybe it is because I haven't hit the dreaded 30, but really I am totally looking forward to 30! To me birthdays are just fun. It is the one day of the year that is really all for you...why not celebrate no mater if you are turning 2 or 92!!! So for me yeah for Birthdays. I enjoyed an entire week of Birthday celebration with small things like a piece of cake, or starbucks! Then Saturday night Jason & I went out to dinner and then spent Sunday(my actual bday) with family. Which for me was a great birthday celebration! But the real reason for this post is to tell you about my great surprise. My very best friend happens to be an AMAZING baker and cake decorator. She does it as a hobby, but could totally beat out some of those Cake Boss people any day. Last year she made Jake's 1st birthday cake and this year she is on assignment again to make Jake's 2nd birthday cake. Because mine and Jake's birthdays are only 5 days apart I never anticipated her making me a birthday cake. But Friday night I was pleasantly surprised with a giant cupcake of yummy chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting...YUM!!!


Which brings me to my next reason for sharing about her most amazing surprise cake for me and the many other wonderful cakes she makes. She has started a blog!!! Yes, you can see all of her amazing work on her very own blog Spoonful of Frosting...is that not the cutest name ever. She has already posted several post of her past cakes, but there will be more post to come. And she hopes to include recipes and other yummy things too!!! Please be sure to check out her site and leave a comment. If you have an upcoming event she can make you a wonderfully beautiful and delicious cake too!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy (29th?) Birthday! That is one cool cake. I'm generally not a fan of frosting, but cream cheese frosting is an exception. :)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete