Friday, January 27, 2012

Water 1

My due date was January 30th & my c-section was scheduled for January 23rd. I had hopes of trying for a vbac.
1am while changing a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer my water broke. Was this really it? I went to Jason who was watching tv & said "umm, I think my water broke or I just peed my pants a whole bunch." Jason instantly jumped up asking what he needed to do. I just kept saying "I don't won't stop." I went and stood in the bathroom because every time I moved more water would come. I told Jason to go pack himself a bag while I decided what I needed to do.

At this point I hadn't been having any contractions other then a few braxton hicks earlier in the day. I had just been to the doctor Monday afternoon & was told Lily was still really high and it didn't look like labor would happen before my c-section date.

Trying for a vbac meant I had to go into labor on my own with no help from pitocin or any other inducing methods. My water breaking gave me a chance at having a vbac.

I finally decided to put some bathing suit bottoms on (they seemed absorbent) and wrap a towel around me. Jason & I then proceeded to run around the house getting things ready. I thought I had at least a few days. I had Lily's bag packed for the hospital, but hadn't packed anything for me & hadn't packed Jake a bag for his stay with my in-laws. Jason started picking up the house, the dishwasher needed to be unloaded. We were basically running around the house doing things I thought I had a week to do. Oh & putting Lily's carseat in the car too.

Around 2:00am I started having contractions. They were ranging from 10 minutes apart to 3 minutes apart. Around 2:30 I called my doctors office and they said to go ahead and come on in(we are about an hour from the hospital). We woke Jake up dropped him off at my inlaws & headed to the hospital.

We were checked in & in the labor & delivery room by 4am.

The upsetting news came when at 5am they checked me and I was still barely 1c, thick & high which was what I was Monday afternoon at the doctor. By this time I had been having contractions every 3-5 minutes.

My midwife came in and said she would be back around 8am to check on me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, I remember when my water broke with was a very odd feeling. I remember the craziness of getting things together all too well, hehe